Monday, March 1, 2010

Critique


Nicolas Feigenbaum has a minimalist approach to his site but is able to appeal to a reader visually. While the text is a bit small, the use of a white background works to his advantage, adding life to the page with his headers and graphics. The site functions well and is easy to browse. The content thoroughly explains the issues and does a good job of tying pages together. I would recommend an A for his efforts.

Collen Sinsky uses graphics as a major component of her site and does so tastefully. The background for her hypertext is original, although the link color is difficult to read for some. The background for her content is gentle on the eyes and is easy to read through. Text is thorough, although it could be broken up to give the reader some guides to follow per page. With the addition of many resources and distinct links per page, the overall site is well done and deserves an A.

Kate Bradley has a layout unlike any other person in the class, and it’s a good difference. The site feels more like a blog as she comments per article after a summarization. The contrast of the yellow borders with the white text background works well. While the content seems a little less tied together, the design allows for a reader to bring each section together. I would give her an A for the originality in layout and personal commentary on the subject.

I’m impressed by the work these three students put in and can take many tips from them on improving mine. I see that being technical is not a requirement to making an interactive site; rather, thinking the site out and having an intention with each piece of the design makes the site worthy. I believe that I have made a good amount of progress since I started my site and can match up with these sites. With a little more work, I believe I can make mine just as appealing in all their strengths combined.


2 comments:

  1. I agree. Kate's website definitely reads like a blog. However, it feels a bit static. It could use some more, I don't know, thought. It just seems very essayish. Her overall layout is incredible though and is really easy to navigate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree that I am impressed as well, and I definitely saw many ideas that I can use for my future work =)

    ReplyDelete