“Critical thinking is the development of cohesive and logical reasoning patterns.” Stahl and Stahl, 1991
“Critical thinking is ‘the examination and testing of suggested solutions to see whether they will work.’”
Lindzey, Hall, and Thompson, 1978.
“Critical thinking is ‘the art of thinking about your thinking while you are thinking in order to make your thinking better: more clear, more accurate, or more defensible.’"
Paul, Binker, Adamson, and Martin (1989)
For me, theses three definitions describe my process of creating a hypertextual webpage. In order for the webpage to work, the links have to make sense and connect to one another. They need to be logical and work together. When I create my webpage and am choosing what I want to link to, I don’t always know right away. I go through a series of trials and errors to figure out what works best—which words to make links and what the importance of those links are. Lastly, revision is always key in the creation process. Even after I am “complete,” I usually feel like there is something more I can do. This is why the last definition makes sense. I am constantly thinking about what I did, changing my thinking, and then re-publishing. It is a constant work in progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment