Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Three A's

The three people I think did the best on the response essay are Kate Bradley, Laura Dwyer, and Nicholas Feigenbaum

Kate’s site was also visually appealing to me, but more importantly I liked the examples she used to supplement the reading. I like that she presents the example and the issues and then gives her own opinion below posing questions as well as taking a stance. This shows that she really did the reading, found examples she liked and then critically thought about them. She keeps the topics recent and relevant and the writing is thoughtful yet familiar—making her site and writing accessible.

I agree with a lot of what Laura wrote in her response. It felt very well thought out and she used great examples. She poses a lot of interesting questions and I especially liked the section about how free our culture is. I think she could’ve done a little more with visuals but overall I think she did a great job.

I liked Nicholas’s response essay because of the style of the site as well as the content he discusses and examples he uses. Visually, the essay was divided well into six sections and the design was simplistic and accessible. Similar to my essay, he talks about participatory culture citing several examples I used as well. I also liked his part called “fixing the problem” and the point he raises regarding co-collaboration.

No comments:

Post a Comment