Critical thinking is careful and deliberate determination of whether to accept, reject, or suspend judgment.
Moore and Parker, 1994.
Critical thinking is "reasonably and reflectively deciding what to believe or do."
Ennis (1985)
Critical thinking is "a process which stresses an attitude of suspended judgment, incorporates logical inquiry and problem solving, and leads to an evaluative decision or action."
NCTE Committee on Critical Thinking and the Language Arts.
These three quotes are all very similar in their definition of critical thinking, and directly relate to my personal experience with developing the skills needed to create hypertextual work. Throughout my work in this class, I have developed from an unfocused and awkward feeling towards writing in this new way, becoming more aware of how I go about creatively thinking and critically developing my thoughts. The most important part of this progression is the acknowledgement that while I am working, I am consciously making decisions about the information I am using relates to what I have already said, and what I am going to say. It is about an engaging process that builds as you go, and requires recognition of the bigger picture as work formulates.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment