After reviewing all the websites that my peers created, there were a few that stood out to me. The way in which a website was structured led me to want to read more about it. The layout, style and graphical design caught my eye and enticed me to read more on what each person had to say, much like the first few pages of a book are meant to capture a reader’s attention. I know that we were supposed to judge based on content, but this made me realize a huge mistake I made on my own project. While I personally felt a little stressed due to work and other school activities, I think that I definitely could have put more effort into my project. In looking at it, I can see that it’s really boring. If I were on the internet and came across my page, I wouldn’t even bother reading it.
The three pages that I feel deserve A’s are the three by Nicolas Feigenbaum, Alycia Rose, and Kate Lanier. A lot of other web pages were really great, but these kind of stood out to me. The first thing I noticed about each of these sites was how imaginitive they were and how easy they were to navigate.
What I liked about Feigenbaum’s site, aside from the cleaniness, was his use of an important idea – that of an anti-gay marriage ad, that he effectively used to convey his ideas on remixes and to introduce his analysis on media authorship in general.
For Rose’s Site, I liked the fact that she had an incredibly easy format to navigate, as could be seen on the right hand side. I need to have more creative in my creation of my website.
Lastly, I really liked Kate Lanier’s site because she clearly put in the extra effort to create that background picture, which also is great because it makes a primary point for her in her essay.
Again I feel that the creative aspect of a website is a strong basis to actually explore the site, much like in the way it’s hard to listen to music without a good melody or beat. After being enticed into viewing the sites in their entirety, I felt that these three also wrote great essays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment