Monday, March 1, 2010

Response Blog

Melea O’Dell
I really like Melea’s website and the way in which she presented her material. She uses several videos/stories and connects them in a way where it shows that they are all interrelated and share the same idea. Not only does she give a little short summary, in some, she even goes as far as providing not just one, but several links that tie it all together. She uses a unique format by having her navigation be at the bottom of the page, and her color scheme is really nice; it’s not too flashy yet not too plain. By using the same template, it allows readers to know that they’re still on the same site.

Sean Lee
I really like Sean’s Website. He does a nice job at using hyperlinks throughout his page. Instead of plainly hyperlinking it to its main source, he uses the links to connect to various pages on his site. He goes into detail, and he provides in depth information about the subject matter, despite it being a one-thousand word minimum. I like his format and the way he distinguishes his material by making it a bigger size font than the font on the navigation bar.


Myrna Mungal
I enjoy viewing Myrna’s website. I really like the way in which she connects her subject matter with things that are relevant to her in her real world such as talking about a singer’s (Rihanna) video, the way it gets the message across, and the way in which her words are powerful; it definitely is a sufficient and very effictive way of bringing forth the subject and getting it to stick in other people’s mind, especially in my mind since I’m able to relate it to the music world which interests me. I love how she uses different colors and font sizes to stress the importance of a particular word, and she uses a wide variety of different pictures.

After viewing all of my classmates’ websites, I really got inspired. I am really impressed with the way in which the same assignment can be displayed in so many different manners. You originally asked us to choose three that we think deserve an A, but I think we all do. You also wanted us to tell you how our project can be compared to our classmates, but in no way is it comparable. After doing so, I really don’t have many nice or exciting things to say about mine since all of the others look so good and are unique in their own individual ways. When I created mine, I thought my format and idea was good only because it seemed perfect to me, but when I see all the others, I stumble upon many ideas in which I can incorporate into future projects. I really enjoyed looking at everyone’s work, and I must say, it is extremely interesting. Not one website was similar to another; I now understand why you never get bored of teaching this class. No matter how often you repeat the syllabus, each and every single student will always come up with a different outcome.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the fact that everyone's was different and unique. I definitly saw new design techniques and ideas that I wouldn't have thought of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Sean's was really easy to navigate as well. I also liked the distinct colors he chose because it made his blog a lot easier to read instead of scrutinizing between similar colors.

    ReplyDelete