"Critical thinking is careful and deliberate determination of whether to accept, reject, or suspend judgment." I would utlize this quote in determining how I think and use outside information. For instance the reading response we had to do for media ownership and remixing,I would have to think about ideas that I accept, reject, or suspend in regards to judgment.
"The purpose of critical thinking is, therefore, to achieve understanding, evaluate view points, and solve problems. Since all three areas involve the asking of questions, we can say that critical thinking is the questioning or inquiry we engage in when we seek to understand, evaluate, or resolve." This quote describes my thinking for the civic engagment project that I am working on. The process of outside reasearch, primary and secondary sources. I have to evaluate the information I find and determine whether or not it is useful to me and how, or the way it would support my work.
Critical thinking is "reasonably and reflectively deciding what to believe or do."
Ennis (1985. I think this is what I do in regards to creating my personal hypertext. It's hard to make decisions to incorporate my writing and design at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment