Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Quotes

1. Critical thinking is the development of cohesive and logical reasoning patterns. Stahl and Stahl
2. Critical thinking skills: understanding the meaning of a statement, judging ambiguity, judging whether an inductive conclusion is warranted, and judging whether statements made by authorities are acceptable.
Smith, 1990.
3. Critical thinking is careful and deliberate determination of whether to accept, reject, or suspend judgment.
Moore and Parker, 1994.

One of the major issues when creating a hypertext is to decide what warrants the creation of a new page. It is this decision making that is very similar to what is discussed in a lot of these quotes on critical thinking. For example, when I was designing my first hypertext essay I wasn’t sure if I should create separate pages for certain words and ideas thus I had to, "careful and deliberate determination of whether to accept, reject, or suspend judgment." Overtime I came to develop strategy about whether or not I should make a page on a certain topic and thus I developed “cohesive and logical reasoning patterns.”

No comments:

Post a Comment