"Critical thinking also involves evaluating the thinking process - the reasoning that went into the conclusion we've arrived at the kinds of factors considered in making a decision. Critical thinking is sometimes called directed thinking because it focuses on a desired outcome."
"Critical thinking is the development of cohesive and logical reasoning patterns"
"Critical thinking is the formation of logical inferences."
These three quotes I chose highlight the fundamental aspect of hypertext writing that I have observed in creating my websites: "logical inferences," or, the link. In writing for a website, I have to anticipate every aspect of an argument that a reader might question or want to learn more about, and make a link to a page that has that information. I have to think about the thought process of others, and ask what they will be interested in. I can't simply make arguments without backing up with evidence. Either my lack of evidence will be evidence by the lack of a link, or the reader can quickly go to Googole and check my claims. Like critical thinking, writing a hypertext requires me to develop an argument or idea logically, and be critical with my own decisions as to what part of that argument needs to be developed-for my readers' sake, and for the sake of my argument. But more than critical thinking, any assumptions I make must have logical inferences backing it up and, unlike when I'm just thinking it in my head, must be made readily avaiable to my readers.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment